Norton AntiVirus 2005 Won't Load

Discussion in 'Software' started by msperry, Oct 17, 2004.

1. msperry

msperry Private E-2

OS= Windows ME, Dell Dimension 4100, plenty of drive space and ROM. No known computer problems, 2003 has operated without problems.

My present program is Norton 2003, loaded via CD, came up for renewal. Had problems downloading 2004 from the Internet last year so paid extra for CD shipment of 2005 this time. Followed all directions for installation, everything went as expected. I typed in my Product Key, the installation deleted 2003, scanned computer (no virus found), then stated it was installing 2005 program. The installation progress bar moved about 1/4 inch and just stayed there. There was little to no hard drive activity. After many minutes of no activity I ended the installation task.
    I next did a cold start and attempted the installation again. The CD loads and displays the option screen, I select "Install", the mouse "hour glass" appears briefly and returns to a pointer. The program doesn't load, even after the following attemps: (1) reloaded 2003 (2) tried Windows "System Restore" (which refused changes to any highlighted date I choose).
    I did visit the Norton Internet (no) Help site!

2. ColonelAngus

ColonelAngus Beefy

This might be a problem of the old Norton 2003 getting in the way of the new Norton 2005 installation. I know you said that when you installed Norton 2005 it DELETED the old Norton 2003 but that might not have totally erased the old Norton 2003 installation and the old files might be still getting in the way.

Read this thread in order to have a clean install: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42898

I think It's kind of the same problem. Hope it helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds