Norton Antivirus 2007 Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alvan9, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Alvan9

Alvan9 Private E-2

I recently tried to upgrade my subscription with norton from a 2005 version to a 2007. I downloaded the new version, but it will not install. It gives me the extracting screen, but then when its finished extracting, it just goes away and nothing happens. I was on the phone with a guy from Dell in India for 3 1/2 hours, and even he could not get it to download. I tried removing the old version, but half way through the removal process, I get the error message with the send or don't send error to microsoft. According to my computer I have no anti virus protection on my pc right now. Which is very scary. I have tried all the obvious solutions, system restore, add/remove, safe mode, ect. I am now truely lost. I have even went back to symantec and bought different copies of the antivirus just to make sure I didnt get a bad copy. If anyone has a number for symantec or any solution to this, I am all ears.

Ever since this happened, I keep getting pop ups for other antivirus adds. Any ideas?

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

3. Alvan9

Alvan9 Private E-2

Yep, did that. Still same problem.

4. YooperLady

YooperLady Private First Class

Have you tried running the Norton Removal Tool and then installing the new version? http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4749 Try that and see if that works for you.

5. Alvan9

Alvan9 Private E-2

Yes did that to.

Antivirus support cant help, Dell cant help. I don't know what else to do.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds