Norton AntiVirus / Microsoft Outlook - can't download mail.

Discussion in 'Software' started by agrogg, Oct 10, 2004.

1. agrogg

agrogg Private E-2

Despite going through all of the motions suggested on the Symantec.com site (emptying / re-specifying my temporary folders, reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005, checking my email settings, etc.), I still can't get incoming email scanning to work properly with Norton AntiVirus 2005. Whenever my mail client (Microsoft Outlook 2002 without SP1 for office installed; running on Windows XP with SP2 installed) tries to download mail, it's able to connect to the server initially and Norton's "scanning mail" icon pops up in the system tray while it checks the messages, but as soon as that process is complete, Outlook reports that its connection to the server was interrupted, and the mail doesn't appear in my Inbox. In order to get the mail, I need to disable incoming email scanning (outgoing works fine).

Any suggestions?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds