Norton Antivirus

Discussion in 'Software' started by EpiC2z, Apr 18, 2006.

1. EpiC2z

EpiC2z Private E-2

recently my internet was down for some time and had no connections since.
    norton was left untouched.
    so 2 days ago when i was reconnected to the net, i did the usual stuff.
    so while i was getting my friends to join a game i host(warcraft) norton popped and ask i i would allow connection from xxx ip to connect to me war3.exe, so i set permit, and damn. it keep coming back. my friends couldnt join and damn norton doest stop. even closing warcraft doesnt work, i have to reboot my comp to make it go away!

so my question is, is norton worth it. its expired anyways.
    if not, what other freewares are available?

another issue
    god damn adware se takes forever to load. and i mean FOREVER! a recent issue too! it says initializing data, and it lags my comp bad! running on a 3.2ghz and 512mb pc!

2. EpiC2z

EpiC2z Private E-2

sorry for 2nd post. 5 min limit on edit, im worried i might forget waht i wanna say :(

anyawys whenever i boot up my pc, there will be a program trying to install itself or something, and then a message pops up saying norton cant be repaired and it needs to be uninstalled. i click ok nothing happens.

and also a fake "connect to the internet" interface loads up! it has my user id but the password is longer then the actual password! im on broadband so i have to manually dial up.

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

4. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

Windows automatically makes a password look something like 13-16 *'s long.
    That's only Windows 'Protecting' you...not to worry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds