Norton AV Can't Remove Backdoor.Sdbot Virus

Discussion in 'Software' started by dgmtoronto, Nov 19, 2004.

1. dgmtoronto

dgmtoronto Private E-2

Hi all - I seem to have contracted a virus on my system, a new bug called backdoor.Sdbot; I have downloaded the newest virus definition files released Nov. 19th at the symantec website, cleaned out my temp files, and ran a full system scan with norton AV, and it finds the infection at object windows\system32\kernld32.exe, but it then says the access to the file is denied, and that the system is still infected. I've run the scan 4 times now - same result.

I've tried everything suggested at the symantec website on this one, and no go, so I was hoping someone has some ideas; this virus opens a port and can permit easy hacks....appreciate your help if you have any suggestions anyone. Thanks!

DGM :rolleyes:

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds