Norton "Backdoor.Trojan" virus warning

Discussion in 'Software' started by danielakelly, Jul 20, 2004.

1. danielakelly

danielakelly Private E-2

Norton AntiVirus posts a popup as follows:
    Object Name: C"\WINNT\System32\msd.dll
    Virus Name: Backdoor.Trojan
    Action Taken: Access to the file was denied

I ran a full Norton virus scan twice, one in the "Safe" mode & one in Normal
    mode. Both found the system clean with no viruses, but I continue to get
    the warning popup. I'm unable to close the warning popup window. Restarting the system doesn't help.

This problem follows on the heels of a "Coolweb" spyware problem that I thought I'd cleared by downloading/running "cwshredder". It finds/clears
    a coolweb problem, but it returns in several hours. The coolweb spyware also hijacked the browser page to one titled "about.blank". I'd run "cwshredder" and installed "Spyware", which now keeps my browser on my desired (Yahoo) home page, but as stated, cwshredder finds the spyware
    recurring if I run it after several hours, though the browser stays on Yahoo.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds