Norton realtime failed to load

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rubdog, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Rubdog

Rubdog Private E-2

Hi

This must be a common problem but I can't find a solution. I have performed a system restore on my XP at home and since then Norton keeps coming up with a message 'system realtime failed to load' which means that Norton isn't offering its usual realtime virus scanning.

I'm assuming that my virus definitions have been changed because of the restore and that its going to take something really straightforward to sort it.

Help!

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Last time I saw this happened it was a virus causing it to fail to start. If you don't think that is the case than just reinstall.

3. Rubdog

Rubdog Private E-2

Don't think it's a virus as Norton still scans manually and hasn't found anything.

I read somewhere that because I have restored, something has happened to the definitions - I just need to restore them to their previous state. Any ideas?

4. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

5. Rubdog

Rubdog Private E-2

Re: Norton realtime protection failed to load

Have done all of this.........I'm still convinced it's because of the restore I did on XP which changed the definitions. Everything was fine until then. Can anyone offer any further advice?

6. liljohn

liljohn Private E-2

Re: Norton realtime protection failed to load

had the same issues on a ME system here's what I did... uninstalled norton and removed all files that had symantec on them then installed avast then disabled the system restore and ran the application (should pull up a win 32 virus)

7. jimbo51

jimbo51 Private E-2

2 norton theads in one day, really glad i got rid now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds