norton security scan won't uninstall

Discussion in 'Software' started by starrekin61, Jan 9, 2013.

1. starrekin61

starrekin61 Private E-2

Help! I have no idea how the bloody norton crud got on my system. in system restore, it comes listed as having been installed right after quick time. Anyway, I did a system restore. That didn't work. Went to Task Scheduler, tried to delete it there, but no listing for it. It comes up trying to install everytime Windows restarts.

Please help someone! I don't want to do a re-install of windows 7, as I have no disk and I borrowed the laptop to use at work. Thanks in advance, guys!

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

Wow...I've been running across this Norton program lately. Let me get my head together a little bit, and I will get back to you. Going to search down some old threads...

3. starrekin61

starrekin61 Private E-2

Thanks Atlbo. I'm pulling my hair out on this one! Last time I had to deal with norton (about ten years ago, no less!) it totally wiped out my computer at the time. It is proving to be as difficult to remove this time too! I didtry to download the norton removal tool which i found a link to here, but that hung the browser up. any ideas you can come up with, i'm willing to give it a shot. thanks.

4. starrekin61

starrekin61 Private E-2

Ran Revo Uninstaller and it seems to have done the trick. No more norton (crossing my fingers!)

5. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

6. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

NP Claw :-D

I was thinking of a problem I saw not too long ago where someone didn't recall installing Norton, but part of the program was shutting down features of Office Outlook. I saw something else too, but I haven't found it yet...

I'm starting to get why so many say Revo is the best. Comodo is good enough for me for now. I used Revo like 8-10 years ago, and it was pure dangerous back then. I think I know what I have with Comodo Programs Manager anyway...

Anything comes up just holler starrekin61...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds