Not receiving some mail

Discussion in 'Software' started by Old Scout, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Old Scout

Old Scout Private E-2

I am presently going to college online, and I sometimes don't receive copies of my test results. I use windows 7 and my only mail is windows live mail. A private company grades our tests and then sends a copy of the results to the college and also myself. The college receives their copy but I don't receive mine. I changed from IE 8 to 9 and then it worked for a month and now it dosen't work again, so I changed back to IE 8. I like it better anyway, but it still dosen't work. I have tried everything, any suggestions.
    old scout

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Are the missing emails showing up in the spam folder?

3. Old Scout

Old Scout Private E-2

It is not showing up in spam or any other folder.

4. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Just for clarification, are you accessing your mail directly through your browser to the Windows Live site or are you using a client software like Outlook, Outlook Express or Thunderbird?

5. Old Scout

Old Scout Private E-2

Directly from windows live

6. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

I don't use Windows Live so I could only suggest looking at your spam settings on the live site. I will guess that the emails are being marked spam and auto-deleted.

7. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I think the answer to this was not clear. He said, "Directly from windows live", but the meaning of that is not clear. Back in his original post, he said "I use windows 7 and my only mail is windows live mail." Windows Live Mail is an email client; it is software installed and entirely separate from a web browser. Just wanted to make that clear.

Windows Live Mail has a "Junk e-mail" folder. Look there to see whether your school grading messages are going there.

8. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Thanks usafveteran.

I took his response to mean it was from the Internet through a browser. I am not a Win7 user so not at all familiar with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds