note taking software

Discussion in 'Software' started by watchntv, Aug 8, 2011.

1. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

Geek Squad BackPacks Commercial: Note Taking Software Isn’t Legit
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/0...s-commercial-note-taking-software-isnt-legit/

Im in school and i attend a small lecture(30 kids) in most of my classes I want a program that can take notes, I can do corrections to "train" the program, somewhat, but I dont want to sit there taking notes like a nut.
    I prefer just to pay attention in class, not be a secretary and take dictation.

2. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

If you look at the picture below the video it even says "Screen Images Simulated"

3. watchntv

watchntv Private E-2

I used that as an example of what I want,
    so its dragonspeak the thing to use?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes Dragon Naturally Speaking is the app, and tbh I dont know how well these apps will work in a classroom as classrooms can have background chatter and also you could be a distance from the speaker, which is why you see these speech to text apps come or need a headset microphone or your notebook.netbook to have a half decent mic, which most dont unless you are close to the mic.

Could try Evernote as it takes voice notes and have a trial with it as its free, and see if it will do what you need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds