Notebook PC Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mistyeyedchick, Dec 5, 2009.

1. mistyeyedchick

mistyeyedchick Private E-2

Hi. I need help please. I have a HP Pavilion Notebook 9917cl and my kids spilt a cup of water water on keyboard. Now I cannot log into desktop because keyboard doesnt work. What do I do please?

Thank you.

Misty

2. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

If you want to risk this: Download and read the guide to removing your keyboard from here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01951704.pdf

then allow the keyboard to dry naturally, a windowsill in direct sunlight or a shelf above a radiator is a good place for this, then reinstall the keyboard and see if it works.

Whilst you have the keyboard off, inspect the area below it for water. If some is found then allow it to dry naturally before attempting the reuse of the laptop or the replacement of the keyboard.

If it still does not work then post back and we will attempt to assist you further.

Have a nice day!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds