Nothing shows up in Device Manager

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gale_Fujimiya, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Gale_Fujimiya

Gale_Fujimiya Private E-2

Hi guys

I've got a computer facing this problem now. Googled around, tried the Plug and Play enabling in services.msc, but no joy. Another thing is that nothing shows up in my Network Connections too. But the computer is connected to the net.

Any help pls? =( thanks

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I did some Googling myself... check out this link. There are registry edits involved, so be careful. Be sure to create a restore point FIRST and make a back up of the registry too. Use this guide to create a system restore point and/or to create a back up of the registry.

Good luck!!!

(the first link should also fix your issue with nothing showing up in Network Connections ;) )

3. Gale_Fujimiya

thanks pal. trying that out now. just to add on, in Safe mode, everything in device manager appears.

4. Gale_Fujimiya

Problem solved by doing a Windows repair. Thanks for the help though. =D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds