Now Have Cd Playback After 2yrs....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by audrey214, Aug 15, 2006.

1. audrey214

audrey214 Private E-2

JUST WANT TO THANK MAJOR GEEKS.COM, ESPECIALLY TimW. AFTER CLOSE TO 2 YEARS OF ENDLESS NOWHERE LEADS TO SUPPORT & DOWNLOADS FROM OTHER SITES--EVEN 1 YR OF INITIAL ONLINE/PHONE SUPPORT WITH HP--I CAN ACTUALLY LISTEN TO ANY OF MY AUDIO (STOREBOUGHT MUSIC) CDs!!! IT TOOK MAJOR GEEKS.COM PROBABLY <24 HRS TO PROVIDE ME A SOLUTION TO MY NO CD PLAYBACK ISSUE. NO MORE DREADED OXCOOD1197 ERRORS. I AM PLEASED WITH THE ALTERNATIVE MEDIA PLAYER DOWNLOAD--I HAVE TRIED OTHER MEDIA PLAYERS TO NO AVAIL. THANKS FOR SOLVING MY PROBLEM EVER SO QUICKLY--WISH I HAD FOUND THIS SITE LONG AGO.:) AUDREY214 :) :cool: :)

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

wow..2 years is a long time for no audio.

glad that you are back on board!!

and yes, Tim is always very helpful and knowledgeable...we are proud of him!

glad that you got your fix from MG. hope you stay on board......

Regards

3. audrey214

audrey214 Private E-2

Yep, 2 yrs was a long time, but the support was on & off--many hours! My mother became critically ill at the same time I purchased my computer package back in fall of 2004 & she jussed passed away a few months ago--so CD audio was the least of my worries--just did without since rest of the computer's features worked. We needed the computer for school & work these past few months--just this week thought I'd research HP for patches or hotfixes on microsoft when I stumbled upon MG.com. Incidentally, the other sites gave the same ol--same ol as during the last two years--was just getting ready to take it back to where i purchased it under my extended warranty. May still do so just for the principal of not being able to use the CD playback for so long--but I think I can live with just being able to use the new media player--why upset the apple cart now that I can play my CD's---HAPPY, NOW ): AUDREY214

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

WAY TO GO TIMw, i knew you could do it. you get my vote. ed

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

TGIF (Thank geeks it's fixed) ....I appreciate the praise, though undeserved ...any one of the fine people on this board would have been assistive.
    @Audry ...So sorry about your loss ...feel free to drop in any time.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds