Ntfs Accidental Quick Format, Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by i-CONICA, Feb 17, 2007.

1. i-CONICA

i-CONICA Private E-2

i got mce2005 and wanted to replace my xppro with that, i rebooted the pc and inserted the new mce disk, when promped to select a drive to install mce on, the disks were aranged in capacity order, my 160GB disk with all my precious, very precious and not backed-up for a while, was at the top, not looking what i was doing selected that and then the quick format option, instead of selecting my 80GB os disk!, i have tried using restorer2000 v3, but they are demo versions and i cant find any freeware software that does this job, i cant afford to pay for any software so freeware or a torrent is my only option, id rather just restore the disk, but if thats not possible then id have to recover the files, but with folder integrity, i know this is possible but im not sure how its done or what i need for the job, can anyone help? i-CONICA at hot maledot,,,com thankyou... ps. :cry

2. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

I know you have bigger problems at the moment
    but, dont ever put your email addy into a forum post

just wait for replies

3. i-CONICA

i-CONICA Private E-2

thanks for the tip, ill keep that in mind in the future, but back to the point, i dont have a future if i dont get this partition back again,.....not kidding, help!

4. i-CONICA

i-CONICA Private E-2

i fixed it now, i had to buy some software
    £25 cos i couldnt find it "anywhere else" smsmall price to pay though, ill backup more frequently in future, it worked a dream. just put my drive back in my computer , no errors no lost or damaged files just reversed my mistake, i used partition table doctor and recomend it to you all im my situation, anyway ill be burning back up dvds most of tomorrow, lol.... i-CONICA..

5. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Well done mate
    sorry we couldnt help
    glad you got it sorted

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds