NTFS to FAT32 Problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by =GyZ=GENERAL_KUSH, May 12, 2010.

1. =GyZ=GENERAL_KUSH

=GyZ=GENERAL_KUSH Private E-2

Well my PS3 died the local ps3 repair guy said it was the hard drive.

So i went and purchased a WD scorpio notebook drive SATA 250gig.

I need to format this drive to FAT32, I am running windows 7 and i come into a problem. i go Right click computer >>>Manage>>>Storage>>>Disk management>>> Right click the drive in question >>>Format... my only choice is NTFS. so i am stuck there.

I also tried in command prompt>>>Run as Admin>>>format e: /FS: FAT32 . this comes up after the new file system is FAT32.
    Enter a volume label for drive e:
    I entered the drive name "A incorrect volume label has been entered for this drive"

I also tried to find a program to do this but nothing worked for windows 7 64 bit. =(

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Try doing this

Instead of entering a name put push enter and see if it works.

If that doesn't work try to find the volume label by going to my computer then right click on the E drive and go the properties.

Next to the hard drive there should be a box that could be blank or could have a name in it. This is the volume label. If there nothing in this box set a label for it. Then go back to command prompt and when it asks for a volume label use the label you set.

[​IMG]

3. =GyZ=GENERAL_KUSH

=GyZ=GENERAL_KUSH Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds