NVIDIA audio driver saga continues

Discussion in 'Software' started by a.jenery, Nov 7, 2005.

1. a.jenery

a.jenery Private E-2

Hi...

I went to the following url following a useful tip, to download sp2, as I need this for new chipset drivers to get my existing nForce audio driver to work; but the page gives me a message saying that I must us I.E.

The url: http://update.microsoft.com/windows...rus software. Should I risk using I.E, or..?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. a.jenery

a.jenery Private E-2

To IE or not IE..? Anyway - thanks for your reply, appologies for not replying sooner. In the end I went to some site whose name I can't remember and didn't log and downloaded sp2 with FF. The download took about 35 minutes, but worked out ok. I then downloaded the new Nvidia chipset drivers via the url you gave - and eureka, I now have sound.
    You saved the day - cheers.

4. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

I have both IE and FF... I have FF for all of my day to day browsing/downloading and i have IE for those pesky microsoft updates.... Although thats what automatic updates are for! Hurray!

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Superb :)

As for the question IE or not to IE? well I still use IE and have no issues with it at all, but I also have used Opera about 40% of the time with FF/Flock taking up 10% usage.

Depends what your comfortable in using, if you like FF stick to it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds