Nvidia Card and AMD cpu temp.....?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lindacaramoy, Jun 10, 2014.

1. lindacaramoy

lindacaramoy Private E-2

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my GPU to MSI gtx 560 ti and its combine with AMD cpu... and i used to have
    ASUS 5770 while playing games CPU temp never goes beyond 45c..However after installing nvidia
    card temp goes above 60c... i am nt worried bec my CPU max temp limit 71c as per AMD website...
    So just want to know if i switch to INTEL cpu my temp will be below 45c or not....?[​IMG]

I heard NVIDIA is best with INTEL and AMD best AMD....!
    I only little worried abt CPU.. My GPU temp never goes beyond 70c on load.

2. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Hello, and welcome to Major Geeks!

A little more information about your computer would be helpful, such as make and model if a commercial PC, or type of motherboard and CPU if a custom build. Unless I am sadly mistaken, there hasn't been a motherboard that would support both AMD and INTEL processors since the late 1990's.

I am by no means a cutting edge gamer, but I'm pretty sure the type of CPU has no effect on on the performance of a GPU.
    If your CPU is overheating after you switched video cards, and it didn't overheat before, I suggest:

-check your case fans and make sure none of them got unplugged in the change over;

--check your CPU fan and heat sink. Perhaps the CPU fan and heat sink had some dislodged dust fall into it and both need a good cleaning, or somehow the CPU heat sink was bumped and became dislodged and is not making good contact with the CPU.

---Perhaps this new video card puts out a LOT more heat then the old one did. Try running the computer without the side on, and maybe with a fan blowing into it, and see if that brings the CPU temps down. If it does, consider adding more case fans.

Let us know how it goes.

I've upgraded lots of video cards, and have never had one cause the CPU to over heat. I have fogotten to plug case fans back in after working inside a PC, though . . .

3. JonnyBB878

JonnyBB878 Private E-2

Upgrading your video card will not increase your CPU temperature. Like Spad I changed a lot of video cards and they never affected the CPU temp.

My previous card was a 560 ti and I just switched to a GTX 760 last month, CPU temperatures remained the same.

Check for any dust in the cpu cooler, you could also try to reseat the cooler and maybe put some fresh thermal compound while you're at it.

Are you using a Stock cooler or an aftermarket one?

Also what kind of games are you playing?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds