NVidia card help (FX5700 ULTRA)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KnOx, Dec 18, 2004.

1. KnOx

KnOx Private E-2

I have a Gainward Geforce FX 5700 Ultra/880 tv-DVI (256mb) video card and im hoping to play Half-life 2 and doom 3 and a higher level than what it is are then any overcloking thins i can do to make it a better card..also ive never overclocked before so if theres some sorta step by step thing i can use or a program that does it for you and is easy to use that would help alot... as for the rest of my machine i have..

AMD ATHLON 2500+
    albatron kx400-8x (fsb 333) barton ready motherboard
    1.83Ghz
    512 mb of ram

If i need to boost the Cpu i need a program for that as well ive never OC them either so agian a program like an easy tune for AMD 2500+ to boost it up to say a 3000+ or if im lucky a 3200+ would be nice but if the safest is a 2700 or 2800+ im fine with that...any help at all would be much appreciated and again i am a newbie on the whole OC thing so you may have to dumb it down for me...Thank you..

2. KnOx

KnOx Private E-2

that cpu web site doesnt have my motherboard in support with its athlon xp cpu's.. as for the video card one i got it but what do i change the frequencies to there at ...

Settings - Standard 2d (i can change this one only to Performance 3d)
    CORE clock - 300Mhz
    Memory clock - 550Mhz
    i wanna run as fast as either a 9800(pro or XT) or the geforce 5950 i think thats the one right under the new 6800 or whatever that is...

3. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I don't usually give advice on "how to fry your video card", but with that said........................................................

Using the "Manual Overclocking" setting, take the "Core" & "Memory" clocks up by 5mhz increments ( never more that that ) & test each time. If you are looking for that fastest setting, keep going @ 5mhz increases until it hangs, then back it down just a bit. Be careful of temperatures, as it will be running hotter than normal.

Now...............I don't see you ever getting the 5700 to run at 5950 or 6800 speeds. Alot of factors come into play here.
    Memory speed
    Pipelines
    Bla Bla Bla

I have my 5900XT running @ 480/890 up from 400/850 & it's completely stable. Temps are like 41-42c after hours of Battlefield Vietnam.

Again.....keep watch on the temps.

The author of this post takes no responsibility for damages done to the system in question. :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds