NVIDIA Control Panel completely missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tanuki1849, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Tanuki1849

Tanuki1849 Private E-2

I am desperate for help. As the title says, my NVIDIA Control Panel is gone. I'm pretty new to computers, so I hope I don't frustrate anybody. Just a warning, my knowledge about this laptop is very limited. I'm currently using a laptop given to me by a friend. I was given just the laptop, no papers or boxes. It's a Toshiba that runs Windows 7, sadly that's the most I know about this computer. I don't know where I could find more information. My friend did not do a factory reset when they gave this to me, so I thought all the drivers that I needed were already on here. It seems that the NVIDIA Control Panel can be normally accessed by right clicking on the desktop, it's normally in that menu. Mine isn't there though. "NVIDIA Control Panel" is not in the computer's control panel either. NVIDIA Physx does appear to be on here, but I cannot open up any sort of settings or applications. It appears as a program only when I go to the uninstall menu. I've dug around in it's folders looking for anything that looks like a launcher. I've even tried updating Physx, but there's still no NVIDIA control panel. I've gone onto NVIDIA's website to update NVIDIA drivers, but like I said, I know very little about this laptop. I don't know which drivers to install. I've tried running their Smart Scan but I just get an error. "The NVIDIA Smart Scan was unable to evaluate your system hardware. Please use Option 1 to manually find drivers for your NVIDIA products." Option 1 is impossible for me, I know nothing about my computer. The scan is Java based so I've updated Java, but still no luck with it. If you want to look at the site: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us . I've searched Google for hours looking for some sort of solution, but it's been a major waste of time. If you have any clue as to what's going on, please try to bear with me. I promise that I'll try my best to work with you to fix the problem. Thank you in advance.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Did you try going to the Toshiba Support site and entering the serial number (on a sticker on the computer)? You should be able to download all the drivers specific to that computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds