nvidia downloaded but can see multiplayer session

Discussion in 'Software' started by pete, Mar 23, 2003.

1. pete

pete Private E-2

Soon after downloading NVidia 12.49 I tried getting into a multiplayer game, something I've done before w/o problems. Now when it starts to download the screen goes black. What is the major malfunction? I need help. Delta Forces work ok in single player mode but it jumps around alot and I set up a swap file of 650 and my virtual memory is turned on. Any suggestions?

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

3. pete

pete Private E-2

I have a rat Windows 98SE 750Mhz, Sony VIAO PCV R549DS w 256 Meg of ram.
    It's a tank but until recently I've been to busy working to get interested in upgrading what I think is actually worth it. I don't see any support for Intel 440 technology since its 'pre-legacy'. Fred Flintstone had more computing power but even though he probably tinkered with Wilma instead.
    Concerning the thread concerning graphics, I downloaded NVidia and that looks nicer. Thanks. I still have the same problem though. This time I set it up to run in a window instead of full screen and I saw the application just lock up again and had to Cntl-Alt-Del to bail out.
    Recently, tThis week I loaded AVG and ZoneAlert FireWall Protection and I loaded Ghost to backup my C drive. I feel the problem is most likely with the Firewall software. I don't have it nailed down yet. I'll keep trying stuff until I get a real 8 -5 job. Maybe then I'll buy myself a 3 gig setup with liquid nitrogen cooled processor.
    Until then, wish me luck.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

disable your firewall when you play games online. or set up your firewall to allow the games to use the ports required. If you don't do one of these, then the game may behave odd as it can't send packets out over the internet and may lock up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds