NvIdia driver 270.66

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cozzie, May 10, 2011.

1. cozzie

cozzie Private E-2

I recently posted a problem with certain programmes like BBCi player crashing on my computer and it appeared that it may have started after I had installed the above driver.

Satrow responded to me and suggested that I update my adobe flash player and also revert to the last working display driver.

I followed the first piece of advice which improved the performance of these programmes but not the second since I thought that the problem was resolved. But it wasn't and the problem re-occurred. So I reverted to driver version 260.99 and lo and behold the problem has not re-occurred.

I have noticed in the Nvidia forum that others have had this problem but none has suggested Satrow's fairly obvious suggestion about rolling back or re-installing an older driver and that thread is locked so I can't air this matter there.

So for the benefit of others with this driver I am suggesting that there is some circumstantial evidence to suggest there is a defect with this driver and I post this FYI.

Thanks Satrow :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds