Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200 TV out problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by ldrop, Sep 15, 2004.

1. ldrop

ldrop Private E-2

I have a Geforce4 card on windows XP. I've used this same card to view movies with the TV out setting on windows 2000. Since I've upgraded to XP and downloaded the latest drivers for the card, I've been only able to view some movies and not others. I tried uninstalling the drivers and putting back the old drivers but remains the same. Is it XP thats stopping me from viewing certain movies?

Thx in advance!
    Ldrop.

2. Ironsnipe

Ironsnipe Private First Class

Some videos may be using a different codec as the others. Make sure you have the divx codec and the xvid codec installed on your computer. This usually clears up all of these viewing problems. Divx.com and xvid.com. Also go to downloads.windows.com and download the windows media player 9 codec package. It's a neat little thing microsoft actually was kind enough to give out.

3. fiver22

fiver22 Sergeant

Not to hijack, but does this this pack install automatically with WMP 9-and if you have WMP 10 installed do you still need to download this pack to get the codecs?
    Thanks,

4. ldrop

ldrop Private E-2

I can view movies with windows media 10 and some with VLC player on computer. I only see a blank screen cloned on TV out setting to view on TV.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds