Nvidia gt 555m not working after runing combofix ??

Discussion in 'Software' started by WeiJie, Jul 16, 2012.

1. WeiJie

WeiJie Private E-2

Hello

I ran combo fix and then uninstalled combofix after running it,

Now when every I want to play game they do not run on my Nvidia card instead they run on my on board intel card which is not what I want.

I have reinstalled drivers; latest and beta, sfc /scan, system restore (but failed).

Any one have a fix for this ?

WeiJie

2. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

One thing I found out about dealing with nVidia graphics drivers is that whether reinstalling or upgrading, you need to first
    Uninstall the current driver through Add or Remove Programs and then Reboot.

Ignore and Cancel the New Hardware Found prompts when the system restarts.
    Just go to Add or Remove Programs > Add New Programs and run the installer.

That may fix any driver issue, but getting the system to properly recognize the nVidia card instead of the onboard graphics
    may be (probably) a different issue.

3. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

4. WeiJie

WeiJie Private E-2

I used that uninstaller, uninstalled and then reinstalled and its still not working.

I tried looking in my bios and none of my graphics cards are listed in there I have the dell xps L702x by the way.

I have also tried reinstalling the intel graphics drivers too and it still a no go . :(

WeiJie

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds