oc gameboy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geekedittilitGHz, Aug 27, 2005.

1. geekedittilitGHz

geekedittilitGHz <i>puto cum grano salis</i>

i have an old gameboy color...... can you overclock them? and how

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Yes it could be done thow it whould be VARY VARY hard to do....and it whouldent make the slightest bit of a dif....

3. sleepygamer213

sleepygamer213 First Sergeant

HOW DO I OC MY GAMEBOY POCKET!!!! TELL ME!!! MUST MAKE SPARKS!!!! lol

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Dont quote me :) but the gameboys dont work like computers rendering a 3d image with the smoothness of play determined by the fps,on gameboys the a specific number of frames are rendered one after the other,the speed that they are rendered controls the speed of the game,if you overclocked it,the game would run faster and become harder,if you could add more frames then double the clock cycle to keep the game the same speed I suppose It would work,but you would have to recode the whole game. :D,also only if the colour lcd could take it,if your getting trails now it cant ;)

5. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

From what iv heard it renders the same number of frames no matter what the power surplus is....then again it could be dif with dif games....and OCing a game boy is way to hard IMHO so its a mute point....i prefer emulaters over the real thing... less complicated and normaly looks better then the real thing too ...{edit} just googling i found that the game boy [size=-1]advance can be overclocked http://www.engadget.com/entry/4611628851662484/
    [/size]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds