OCing An Athlon XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 3.14 = Pie, Dec 19, 2004.

1. 3.14 = Pie

3.14 = Pie Private E-2

I have a 2200+ Athlon XP "Throughbred" CPU with an Abit KD7 Board.
    I've overclocked my cpu to 2600+ and I play COD and it constantly freezes and shuts down. Pretty unstable, i was wondering why it is so unstable when I OC it. The temp max OC'ed is 100 F and regular is about 98 F.

2. champagne supernova

champagne supernova Private E-2

3. PC Jedi Master

PC Jedi Master Private E-2

Did you increase the BUS or the multiplier setting? I think you also might have to increase voltage when you OC, but I'm not positive, so don't take my word. I can't overclock my XP 3000+ because of the locked multiplier, otherwise I would probably know more about it.

4. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

Adding voltage might help. What is your FSB set at? What kind of memory are you running? It might now be able to handle the OC, and its freezing on you. Your temp seems ok.

Trybacking down the OC and see if it still freezes. Once you get it stable go in one point increments untill it freezes again. Then add voltage, and keep going up. The 2200 should OC to where you have it. ;)

:cool:

cooked

5. 3.14 = Pie

3.14 = Pie Private E-2

I use SoftMenu in the bios and it lets me choose the speed.
    I chose the 2600 + with 266 fsb like mine at 2200+ 266.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds