OC'n Asus P5B dlx w/ e8600 Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bkperformance19, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bkperformance19

bkperformance19 Private E-2

Looked on the net for a solution. Set my board up in several different scenarios.
    It will not boot with anything faster than 333 mhz fsb. I think that I am exceeding the memory capacity. If I set the fsb to 400 my ram reads ddr2 800. Does not seem that it wants to run on anything except 667. Also not able to set the NOS mode in AI. It kicks it right back to auto. Played with the timing and voltages no help. If I put everything in auto works fine. In manual as long as i keep the fsb at 333 and the ram at 667 it will boot. I have the latest bios and the memory is supertalent ddr2 800 mhz pc6400. If anyone has experience with this situation I would appreciate some help.

Thanks BK

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

In my opionion this kinda board should not be overlclocked at all.

But in any case i have found a guide that seems to overclock P5B Deluxe.
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P5B+Deluxe%2FWiFi-AP&id=20071005044049234&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

But like i said do this at your own risk you could burn out the mob with out realizing it.

This note is from the Neweggsite--->http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131045
    Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets

And like i said sounds like you should not even try to over clock be cause there is a bigger risk of over heating the parts if you do not have the proper cooling.

3. bkperformance19

bkperformance19 Private E-2

Thanks for the help. I figured it out. On this MB you cant go directly to the fsb# you want by typing it in. you have to use the + key and move it that way. Running at 3.8 fsb stable boots everytime. The factory voltage listing is 2.1 for the ram timing 5-5-5-15 Running the cpu @1.36 and it idles with the fans on low @ 43c The cpu cooler is an h100 corsair water cooler. many case fans with a nzxt controller. Anything above 380 on the fsb will not allow the system to boot. Did lots of research on this and tried the nos setting did not work. I'm going to put this thing back to 333 and run everything on auto. My buddy asked me why I was doing this. My reply is becuase I can. Had alot of fun.

Thanks again BK

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds