Odd behavior?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bhmmchl, Sep 12, 2008.

1. bhmmchl

bhmmchl Private E-2

OK, I have a laptop (details below) its great, but while I'm moving the cursor around it will automatically click seemingly at random. So if I hover over a link or even nothing, it will click it. Also, I was on Yahoo mess. and the volume started adjusting its self at random. I made sure I wasn't touching the computer at all and the volume control popped up on its own and started lowering. Anyhoo, the details are below and thank you.

HP Pavillion entertainment PC
    AMD Turion64x2
    1.61 GHz 1.46 RAM
    wireless connection
    WinXP media center edition
    version 2002
    service pack 2

2. SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff Private E-2

most the time when something like this happens it because you are hitting either the little curser stick in the middle of the laptops keybaord(assuming its there.. will be just a little eraser sized rubber piece betwen the g h and b keys.. or if your thumbs are hitting the track pad.. try to disable the track pad and see if it still happens.. if so make sure your not hitting that little curser stick.. cuz it works just like the track pad.. you move it around to move the mouse and you can tap it to click...

if your ABSOLUTELY sure that its neither of these then repost and maybe someone can figure something out..

but plz be absolutely sure.. some of the newer laptops you can even not be touching the trackpad at all and it still pick up onthe movement.. i have a new hp hdx series laptop that even if i move my finger slightly over the trackpad but not touching it at all i can still move the mouse and even click things.. without touching it.. maybe it registers heat signal.. i dont know but i do know it still picks up...

hope something works out quickly

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds