Odd Hotmail behavior

Discussion in 'Software' started by Seamhead, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Seamhead

Seamhead Private E-2

Hi,

I thought I was having issues with my hotmail account because I hadn't received any emails for a while, so I sent myself an email from my primary account and from a secondary account. Both emails arrived, but I noticed something that I'd never seen before. Underneath the subject, who the mail was from, when it was sent, and to whom it was sent, there was a box that said "character set" that was already filled in with "auto select." It also had options for different languages like Arabic, Baltic, Chinese, etc.

I sent a test email to my wife's hotmail account and she noticed the same thing. When I checked into this, the information I received intimated that this option is for emails that are unreadable and that by choosing a language they can be translated. The emails I'm sending are perfectly legible, so I'm wondering why this option is suddenly appearing in the emails I'm sending and if there's a way to turn it off.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds