Odd issue using Robocopy

Discussion in 'Software' started by zebulebu, Feb 10, 2006.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Private E-2

Howdy folks

Hope someone can help me out.

In the middle of a data migration - moving data from an old domain into a new one

I ran robocopy last night via two batch files on folders stored on a server in one domain to a server in another (two way trust set up between the domains)

Both seemed to go through OK (the odd file not copied because they were in use but no major errors reported in the output logfiles generated)

However, looking in Windows Explorer on the new server, one of the folders is present, with all data intact, but the other is not. I thought it might have been copied across as hidden or super-hidden, but enabling the option to display hidden and system files/folders makes no difference - they're still not visible.

To make matters even more odd, if I run dir /ad from a command prompt against the directory the folder was copied to (root of C:), it shows up as being present (and therefore not hidden!)

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Private E-2

No takers for this one then?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There are 11 people on at this time of the morning, out of 49.5k members ;)

Give it some time.

4. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds