office 10 clipart gone

Discussion in 'Software' started by spanktastic2120, Sep 16, 2008.

1. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

all my clip art is gone for office 10, i dont think i deleted it. what directory should it be in, and is there a website i can download them from if they have been deleted? i dont have my CDs

2. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

when i click the search button it makes the error noise. i tried downloading clipart from microsoft but i cannot get the clip organizer to work, it seems to have deleted the "collections" because the list is empty, and when i try to add something theres no collection folder to put it into, when i try to make one, it tells me its too long or contains a /. i tried naming it "1" and "a" and got the same error message. i think maybe this is just a problem with the clip organizer.

3. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

i've never deleted the clip art but i have made other mistakes in office. try to detect and repair. this can usually restore any mistakes you have made. you can also re install office over the one you have now it will not over write any of your files

4. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i cant reinstall because i dont have the cds, like i said before. how do i detect and repair?

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Detect and Repair can be accessed through the Help menu on the top toolbar. However, you are going to need your CDs for that too, if the software was installed using CDs originally.

6. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

Open a office program (word, outlook,publisher) up top click help from the dropdown menu then click detect and repair. However if you are missing files it may ask you for the cd. Try it anyway it may run without asking for it.

7. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i did detect and repair, and now when i run an office program it tells me it isnt installed and closes.

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Is it in the list of Add/Remove Programs?

Where are your CD's? Having them handy could make this a whole lot easier for you ;)

9. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

as ive said, i do not have the cds.
    and it is not in my list of programs, but its certainly there, it opens the application, it just brings up a message saying it isnt installed and then closes

10. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You can see the folder in the C:\Programs list? Run the office .exe file

11. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly you are going to need the Office CDs to fix this especially if in Add/Remove Office is not listed and when you click a Office .exe it says its not installed, as its corrupted in a big way.

One thing to try and its a longshot is to goto a folder click tools > folder options > view and unhide files and folders, then in the C: dir do you have an MSO folder if so then you maybe lucky as most of the folders inside that one are office installers, this folder is not always created so may not be on your PC.

If you dont have the Office CDs then I can only offer a suggestion as alternative in the Free Open Office

12. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

theres no MSO folder, either hidden or unhidden, and lev, what do you mean office .exe? an office program? cause there is no exe for office itself.

13. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Then again, you don't have it installed correctly and as both Halo and I have suggested, you will need to find your disks to successfully resolve this.

Let us know when you have and we will be happy to assist you if you still have issues we can help with :)

Also as Halo suggests, an alternative is Open Office, which I use myself and find it great.

14. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Very correct on no one run all Office applications .exe, what maybe we should have said is that if you enter then Program Files > Microsoft Office > Office 10 folder and look for one of the main Office application .exe's as example, excel.exe, winword.exe, outlook.exe, msaccess.exe etc if double clicked do they open/run?

If so and they run ok then you can create new shortcuts to them for the start menu, however this will not fix your missing clipart as only way to fix is with an Office 10 CD, as mentioned very very likely your Office install is broken from your explanation on whats happening. Wish their was a work around but with missing files there is not, original Office CD is needed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds