Office 2000 Lost Key Lookup

Discussion in 'Software' started by seniorfrito, Mar 24, 2008.

1. seniorfrito

seniorfrito Private E-2

How do I look up my CD keys for Microsoft Office 2000? Sorry if asked before, didn't have a lot of time to look through the posts due to dinner being on. But at any rate, I know about the help tab, but I believe that only gives the key for that particular program. What I'm looking for is the key to install the whole package. Thanks in advance. Oh and keyword here I guess is how to do it for Free.

2. seniorfrito

seniorfrito Private E-2

Ok now that I have a minute or two to make it a bit more clear, I'm trying to install Office 2000 on a newer machine. I plan on uninstalling it on the older machine, but when I look up in the help option while in various Office programs it gives me what looks like a key. So just out of curiosity I opened another program and did the same thing, the key was completely different. So I think it's safe to assume that none of these are my key and that I'm still looking for the key that will install the entire package. Hope you can help.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Unfortunately, Office 2000 is one of the few versions of Office that the product key is very difficult (if not impossible) to 'extract' out of the PC. Newer versions are no problem, and older versions require an OEM or Product ID number which is different and easy to find. AFAIK, none of the 'keyfinder' type of utilities will find an Office 2000 product key. If you have the install CD and the Product ID or OEM number, maybe Microsoft can help, but I wouldn't count on it :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds