Office 2003 activation wizard crashes

Discussion in 'Software' started by isellapples, Dec 9, 2009.

1. isellapples

isellapples Private E-2

Hi, I'm reinstalling office 2003 after a failed attempt to upgrade to office 2007 (turns out our 2007 license does not support terminal services). Now I'm trying (and failing) to reactivate office 2003.

When I try over the internet, it complains it cant find a connection which is a lie because I'm browsing the internet at the same time. When I choose activate over the phone and click next, the wizard just disappears. Please help, its a critical server for our sales guys! :cry

2. isellapples

isellapples Private E-2

Right, its started letting me attempt to activate over the internet but complains I've activated too many times. This is fine, as it happens all the time (microsoft lies, I have more than enough licenses)

However, it still crashes when I try to activate over the phone :( office can only be opened 42 more times argh I'm running out of time

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

just in case activation is failing online check that any security application you have, especilally a software or hardware firewall is not blocking Office.

I would be tempted as you have had a failed upgrade to uninstall any office versions listed in add remove and then re-install office 2003 and try again to activate, failing that call rhe general Microsoft support line and they should be able to forward you to the Activation Center for your area/country

Can use this tool to help remove any installers for office listed http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Installer_CleanUp_Utility_d4459.html

4. isellapples

isellapples Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds