office 2003 updates

Discussion in 'Software' started by lmhjcr, Aug 16, 2011.

1. lmhjcr

lmhjcr Sergeant

Hello,
    I just reinstalled MS Office 2003 professional on a pc that I needed to do a clean install of xp professional on. Anyway, I have noticed that I am getting the necessary ms updates for xp but none of the office 2003 updates and I can't figure out how to fix that problem.

I did some searching and came up with an article at MS regarding not being offered the updates at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907380 but this states that article also states that if you go to the ms office updates site you are offered the updates. Problem is that MS decommissioned the service in August 2009 and that all updates are now offered directly through the MS updates link.

According to the MS article the issue occurs if the office 2003 installation was installed in per-user mode (but I did not install in that way - not even sure what that is). The work around takes you to a link that takes you to the ms updates site - so that is of no help.

I have been able to go to the MS site and finally found all the security updates for office 2003 and can download them from there and install them. But that is a real hassle and I never had this problem before.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks so Very Much

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds