Office Enterprise (2007)

Discussion in 'Software' started by ray7101, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ray7101

ray7101 Private E-2

Does anyone have any experience in using/installing office 2007 (enterprise)?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes I have this via my work for home use, it installs and works no different to any other Office 2007 version, but ask your question and I or others who may use Office 2007 Enterprise will hopefully know the answer, also as Enterprise versions are generally available/sourced via corporate routes, if your on a corporate enviroment do also seek advice from your company admins as well.

3. ray7101

ray7101 Private E-2

I did receive it from my work also. I have Office 2003 and just wanted to know if it should be uninstalled before installing Office Enterprise? If I do uninstall will I loose my pst files?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes its best to uninstall Office 2003 first and I did it this way also, but YES best to export your pst files and account settings first, all other office type docs will be left intact but as usual its always best to back them up to USB or CD/DVD or another HD partition first, but I have never had any issues loosing Office docs when uninstalling Office for a new version.

Some steps on this for exporting Outlook PST and Address Book, Account settings http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

It picked up my pst's / account details on install as they "should" be left intact but one thing some users have found is a missing link to the new outlook location so this if you come across it will help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929012

5. Rabit

Rabit Private E-2

Hello! [I thought] I new a lot about computers until I bought a computer with the Vista Operating system.....now I just feel "dumb".

I was trying to reinstall my MS Office 2003 and as I installed it, my computer is looking for files from the various disks, this was not asked of me during the original installation [using XP] - they were found on the disk and installed.
    I tried to find the files, but the program just sits there.... thinking.

So I bought MS Office 2007 Enterprise and during the installation, I keep getting messages the wwenterprise\msi or another [wwenterprise\cab]
    simliar file is missing.

I am so depressed, I do not know which way to turn. I do need to have MS Office, so I need to determine if it is better to re-install XP from my old Dell Computer, or find a way to get MS Office 2003 to be compatible with Vista.

Can you offer me some advise? Thanks.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds