Office Enterprise 2007

Discussion in 'Software' started by tblue, Aug 18, 2008.

1. tblue

tblue Corporal

I recently purchased Office Enterprise 2007. When I try to install it in my home computer the computer doesn't recognize that there is a disc in my drive. I can read and play any other cd's but it doesn't see the 2007 disc.

If I try it in mine or my wife's laptop they both see it???!!!! Anyone know what the problem might be????

Thanks,
    T.Blue

2. Ratz

Ratz Private E-2

Office Enterprise may be on DVD. Does your optical drive reads DVD or reads CD only? If your optical drive supports DVD it may be that DVD portion of your drive failed. See if your computer reads DVDs, like try to play DVD movie. Cheers

3. tblue

tblue Corporal

I bet that is exactly why. On the back of the box the instructions say "insert disc in to dvd drive", my computer doesn't read dvd's:cry guess I will have to buy another drive huh???!!!!!!!:mad I wonder if Microsoft would let me swap it for a regular cd....this bites...

Thankss for the help Ratz

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Personally with the amount of software that is available on DVD, I would be tempted to get yourself a DVDRW drive, they are not too expensive these days and could be cheaper than replacing for CDROMs as you "could" be charged for re-stocking and/or postage, which at times could be expensive.

DVDRW burners are around $25 give or take, so if re-stock and postage if your DVD is not swapped freely could come to $20 say so well worth going IMO with a DVDRW for your PC?

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Can you copy the files from the DVD in your wife's computer to a folder on your computer? If so, you can then install using the files that are in the folder on your computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds