officejet j4680 cd

Discussion in 'Software' started by spanktastic2120, Dec 7, 2010.

1. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i recently moved in with some family, and he has an officejet j4680 which is a wireless printer. the problem is i cannot find the cd that comes with it in order to set up the wireless. the manual says you will need to cd to do it.

so i either need someone who can link me to a download for the cd, or some genius who knows how to set up this printer to use wifi without the software that comes with it.

please and thank you.

2. MrVader101

MrVader101 Private E-2

3. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

oh no, thanks for the reply, but they only offer the drivers online.
    if you want a copy of the cd, they will ship one to you for a fee.
    and its the cd that i need to set up the wifi.

4. MrVader101

MrVader101 Private E-2

yeah...bummer......i noticed you were a senior member after i posted and then guessed you had already tried that....sorry
    ...you cant just install the prinet and give it a new port with the printers ip address ? that works sometimes i think

5. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i dont even know what makes me a senior member.

but there is nothing for the printer besides a cord to connect it to the computer.
    in the manual it has you going through a bunch of steps in the software to get it to connect to your existing wifi network, so i dont think it is something that i can do through just windows. if it is i cant figure it out.

what really bugs me is that it has a small lcd display on it, theres no reason you shouldnt be able to set everything with the buttons and display right there on it.

6. MrVader101

MrVader101 Private E-2

Did you download the full feature software and driver pack......that shoud have everything that the cd has on it

7. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

i tried but the server is down

8. spanktastic2120

spanktastic2120 Corporal

SUCCESS!

i managed to get it working, thanks for the help.

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I take it you were finally able to download the files?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds