Offline W10 Updates

Discussion in 'Software' started by HumbleServant1611, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Hello Geeks,

So I have someone that doesn't have Internet in their house and they have a newish Windows 10 64-bit Dell computer (Desktop). They purchased it 7 months ago. They called me saying their computer keeps freezing and they have to actually pull the physical plug out the back to get it to shut off. They use it for invoicing for their business so Quickbooks is the only program they really use.

My first thoughts are they need to get the latest Windows 10 updates but they have no internet. So I want to get the updates manually but I don't know which ones they need. I was hoping their is an update package of some sort to deliver one payload, if you will, to get the current with their updates. I have convinced them to get Internet but that will be in a few week and they still need to run their business. I've seen cumulative updates is that what I'm looking for?

Any information or links would be great thanks.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

The minimum you need is their update history, so you know what updates are showing as having been installed. You can then manually download some on to a USB drive and take it there.
    But having a desktop PC without internet is a bit odd.

3. So once I get the last update they had I'd have to then know the KB numbers to look up specific ones I believe that's how the windows Update Catalog operates.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

You can google MS for updates for Win 10 - but you need to know it is 64 bit (mostly are now) so you get those ones.

5. Sounds good I'm sure it will work.

6. So I was looking and the Updates are in the Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems. Could I just skip the other systems updates since it is in a new Version or would I have to download all the other versions of the previous System Updates? Their computer was purchased before 8/2/2016 and that's when Microsoft rolled out the new version 1607 could I just update from this point?

7. I also was looking through my Update History. I noticed that my update history only goes back to 9/24/2016 but I used the free upgrade to get Windows 10 which ended in July was this because I upgraded again to the Pro version later on?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds