ok... i kneed some software to burn my backed up dvds

Discussion in 'Software' started by earl white, Dec 7, 2005.

1. earl white

earl white Private E-2

im looking for some soft ware that will burn by backed up dvds dose any one know of some???? free ones???

2. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

3. silvius

silvius Private E-2

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2005
  4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Don't send people to other sites. MGs owners pay the bills with ads on this site. Send people away and you're stealing food out of their kids' mouths.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2005
  5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

What DVD ripper are you using? What format have you saved them?

6. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I've had fantastic experience with the freeware app DVDDecrypter. Not a single problem burning single or dula layer discs.

However, this is apparenly not being updated any longer. DVDFab Decrypter is supposed to be an awesome replacement, but I haven't used it yet, so I can't comment on its burning capabilities. Its free though.

7. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

DVDFab Decrypter doesn't burn discs. If he used DVD Shrink and saved the output as an ISO file, he could use CDBurner XP to burn it or he could set DVD Shrink to burn with DVD Decrypter. If they are saved as files, that is harder to do. Burning the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders onto a DVD with CDBurner XP can be hit or miss with some standalone DVD players as it doesn't have UDF filesystem (the filesystem for DVD-Video) support yet. I'm not aware of any free apps with UDF support.

8. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

UGH, that is NOT what I wanted to hear..... :rolleyes: I liked DVDDecrypter.... now I guess I'll have to go back to using 2 apps for a proper backup...

I agree. I don't know why anyone would even bother straying from the ISO route.

9. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

DVD Decrypter and DVD Fab Decrypter are two entirely different programs. DVD Decrypter has a burning option if you can find it. DVD Fab Decrypter just rips DVDs but it is currently supported and up to date. Not a problem if you have Roxio, Intervideo or Nero or any disc burning apps with a DVD-Video option.

10. earl white

earl white Private E-2

ok guys dont laugh at me but im new to all this dvd burning stuf. ok im useing dvdshrink 3.2 to rip or back up my dvds and its curintly doing so in that video ts and audio ts, i can change that????please tell me how.earl whitesorry i got carried away with the color option at the top,n-e waystell me how to get dvd shrink to not put them into that video and audio ts folders....so the xp software is the best to use than or this dvdripper thing?????

11. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Yes, I know. What I meant by 2 apps is FabDecrypter to rip (since dvddecrypter isn't supported anymore) and the app of my choice for burning.

12. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Nobody's laughing amigo! You gotta start somewhere.
    You really shouldn't use DVDShrink for ripping. Its not supported, and will error out on newer DVDs with more advanced encryption.

DVDFab decrypter is supported and will do the job. You would use DVD Shrink to compress the image that you extracted so that it would fit on a single layer disc. This isn't a problem if you have a dual layer burner (and the moeny to buy the freaking media - $$$$$). After its compressed (or not for dual layer), you use your app of choice to burn it onto your media.

13. British TV Nut

British TV Nut Corporal

I did notice that the same ones that made DVD Decrypter created a program to do the burning part only called ImgBurn. Maybe this might help in the burning process, but it's still having multiple applications just to do a backup.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/ImgBurn_d4870.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds