ok i need to get to the bare basics

Discussion in 'Software' started by tomc456, Jun 3, 2011.

1. tomc456

tomc456 Private E-2

how do i get the internent up? i am on IE,windows xp,my PC knows the internet is there but i cannot access it,i am on a laptop at the min .

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

How do you know your computer ". . . knows the the internet is there?" How are you trying to connect? Wireless? Wired? What happens when you try? Nothing? Some message(s)?

3. tomc456

tomc456 Private E-2

i try and use internet wizard and tells me the inter net is there,i go in internet options ,cahange my home page,say id i put it to google ,the page comes up,but i cannot access the internet the page is just froze??????

4. tomc456

tomc456 Private E-2

i am on wired

5. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

do you have the internet driver installed?

right mouse click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Any yellow exclamation marks? What's under Network Adapters?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds