ok jedi academy is giving me problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by moediggity, May 8, 2004.

1. moediggity

moediggity Private E-2

ok, I stated in the drivers forum that I was having problems with the displaydrivers, but noone answered. so I updated the drivers for my radeon 8500, and the error message when I try to play is that the display driver is not compatibal with it and thats after the game crashes and restarts my computer. I tried multiplayer but it say an error occured while trying to play in the mp. but that did not restart my computer.
    so what is the problem and what should I do about it and how do I fix it.
    thanks alot.

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Not sure. Display driver crashing may be because IT stumbled over something else. Best advise is to update both the video and sound drivers, and make sure you've got the latest patches for the games.

Do all the DX Diagnostics tests run OK?

Is anything running in the background while you're playing? Running programs can trip things up too. Try shutting down everything possible and then play. What sound card are you using? Some games would crash with my old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card if I enabled EAX, and the crashes were always either frozen or black screens, that looked like vid card problems.

Nose around the game makers website, FAQs, and forum and look for anybody having problems with the same hardware you're running.

Don't know what else to suggest; I ran Jedi Academy on ATI 9700 & Audigy 2 with no problems, in Windows XP. You didn't mention what operating system either.

3. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

Its the game itself. .
    if you didn't already get a new one do it
    there where many of the JKJA games that screwed up one way or another

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds