OK, this is a MAJOR dilemma... to me...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dark_Oppressor, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Dark_Oppressor

Dark_Oppressor Private First Class

I currently have an Nvidia Geforce 5200 video card. I was planning on upgrading to an ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition. I have the money for it($500), but it won't be in any stores near me until mid-September to mid-October. This date estimate is from an ATI rep that I emailed(repeatedly...), so it will probably take even longer for the card to be in a store near me. I am going to buy Half-Life 2 the second its out(I am willing to kill for it... literally.) I am unwilling to play it until I have an extremely powerful video card so that I can play with high fps and top graphics settings. At this rate Half-Life 2 will be out (hopefully) long before I can get my hands on an X800 XT PE. I really want to play this game as soon as I get it, and I would like to be able to play all of the games I have right now that my card isn't that good with(Halo, Unreal Tourney 2004, etc.) My question is: do you think I should get a Radeon X800 Pro instead? A Comp-USA nearby FINALLY has some in-stock, and I am thinking of buying one today or tommorrow. I am worried though, that the X800 Pro will not be nearly as good as the X800 XT PE. Will I be screwing myself up getting this instead? I will probably not be able to upgrade again for a year or two.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds