Okay for casual to moderate gaming?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hamett011, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Hamett011

Hamett011 Private E-2

2. Anon-15281db623

Anon-15281db623 Anonymized

I'd say it looks pretty good. The only thing that worries me is the graphics card though. It's not the greatest but then most of the games you listed are a little older. If you plan on ever playing some current generation games then I'd suggest looking for something with a more powerful graphics card.

3. Hamett011

Hamett011 Private E-2

i was thinking about getting an MSI wind, could i play all those games with that little netbook?

4. Anon-15281db623

No, the wind is designed to be an ultra portable netbook for things like internet, email, and word processing. The newest one coming out in May I believe will be using the GMA 950 for graphics acceleration. It probably has enough power to run Aero on Vista and I wouldn't expect it to run much more than that.

5. Anon-15281db623

Actually, I wouldn't say you couldn't run them at all. You might be able to run some older games, but at very low settings and resolution. You could forget about running any new games though. Also the graphics are not upgradable so in the future if you wanted to play some newer games or wanted a faster graphics processor, you would have to go out and get a whole new notebook or PC.

Gaming wise, I would say that your first option would be a better bet. It is also upgradable so if you decided you wanted to add more graphics power, you will only have to purchase a new graphics card.

6. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

No.

If you're interested in gaming then, as others in this thread have already said, your first pick on Newegg is a much better one. Especially since it is upgradeable both for graphics card and processor (very likely at least).

7. Bionic Camel

Bionic Camel Private E-2

After looking at the initial computer posted by the OP I'm interested in buying this computer too since it fits my budget and my terribly outdated system that is incapiable to upgrade can't run any games. I wanna know if I would be able to play Team Fortress 2 on this machine and many other FPS on the market today.

8. Anon-15281db623

It would be playable but at low resolutions with basic settings and the card would mostly likely not be able to handle future games. I'd say put another $100 into the graphics card and you'll have a nice system that will play current and past games at decent settings and should get you though some of the upcoming games.

9. Bionic Camel

Bionic Camel Private E-2

Well after seeing some youtube clips of how some modern games play with this card I'm satisfy with it. I don't mind it but I'll upgrade later on if needed. It can play all the games I want at a good rate and it looks pretty enough for me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds