Okay, I'm back on board....

Discussion in 'Software' started by eclayton, Dec 17, 2005.

1. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

I have a screaming new machine, and want to add it to the team so we can break the top 100. I'm running the console version, but I made a mistake and put my name as Eric, when I wanted to put it as eclayton. I don't know how to change it, can someone help me? There's already an "Eric" on the list, but I think that's someone else. I'd like to use "eclayton" as that is what I was using before, and I want to get more credit. I'll be running my daughters computer as well (our old machine) so watch out, CP! (yeah, right, like I'm gonna catch anybody at all!)
    One more question: Can I run more than one console or WU or whatever on a single machine? Can someone walk me through setting this up if it's possible? Thanks alot
    eric

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Hey there Eric! Good to have you back!

If you open up your client.cfg file in wordpad (in the same folder as the console client), you should be able to change your name in there. You should find a line that says username=Eric. just change that to username=eclayton. Unfortunately you won't be credited any work until you start your next WU with the new details :(

As for running more than one WU on one machine - we did some trials before and concluded that it's just not worth it. If you had a dual processor machine, then it's worth the effort - otherwise no.

Hope that helps Eric :)

3. eclayton

Yep, that helps. Getting my daughters machine up and running right now! :)
    PS You said Wordpad, did you mean notepad?

4. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Welcome, back to folding.

Watch out I'm coming up fast, and should catch you in about a week.

I will catch up to Goldfish in about 6 months, maybe.;)

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I meant wordpad actually :). Though depending on what made the client.cfg file, notepad would work fine. It's just that sometimes when the Console client makes the config files it uses weird caridge returns which notepad doesn't recognise, which is why I tend to use wordpad. :)

SPD: hah, I'm not exactly a hard target! I've got one of the worst production rates in the team! I've only got 4 PCs on the job and most of them are a slow as treacle. :p

6. eclayton

Well I only have 2! :p

7. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

I'm running 4 right now, going to add a 5th in the next couple of days. I been leaving 2 boxes up 24 hours a day.

[EDIT]treacle - I had to look that one up. Molasses

8. eclayton

How do I open the client in Wordpad? I thought I knew how to do it.....:confused:

9. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well, you run wordpad (Start-> run -> type wordpad) then you go File -> Open ( :p ), then you find the folder you put the FAH4Console.exe file, and there should be a client.cfg file in there (you might need to set the type to be all files in order to see it).

10. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I had a friend who used to walk up behind people in pubs and say in a very thick south London accent "'ello treacle" :p it sounds very sinister :D

11. eclayton

It's done! Now I'm running both machines 24/7, so let's break 100! :)

12. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

We've got to beat Tom's Hardware guide.

:eek:

We can do it!!!

13. eclayton

Where's the full list? All I can find is the top 100.

14. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

15. eclayton

Ahhh, thanks again! :)

16. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds