Old laptop LCD resolution issues.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jawa Slayer, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

Hi guys,
    I have an old Laptop runining WIN98se that has a resolution of 1024x768. When I play games or anything that requires a lower resolution than this they just show with a black border around the outside. Newer laptops have some kind of technology that automatically streatches the image to fit the screen, is anything like this availible for old laptops? It has a chips and tech 655550 video card in it with the latest drivers for WIN98se. It only effects old games that run in 800x600 or 640x480. It sucks, anyone know of a fix for this?

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

On my 1750 thares a setting in the bios to enable the auto stretch.. thares a setting in the disply propertys ( in advanced ) too but it dont work if the biaos auto stretch is off..

3. Jawa Slayer

Jawa Slayer Corporal

I tried looking in the bios, but this laptop is seriously old and the bios in it's own partition on the HD which you have to access through DOS. Anyway it dosn't really give you proper BIOS options it only lets you do a few things like the set the supervisor password etc. There is an option to select internal LCD or external but selecting either dosn't make a difference. I'll check again in the display properties.
    Cheers for the info!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds