OLXP custom contact form-change view of phone field

Discussion in 'Software' started by redruthann, Mar 13, 2005.

1. redruthann

redruthann Private E-2

INFO FIRST:
    Dell Inspiron 8100 WinXP professional, sp2 (need to update)
    30gb hd, Intel Pent 3, 572mb ram, mobile cpu 1000mhz
    Office XP sp3 professional edition

Hello All!

I hope someone here can help me out.

I am entering contacts from a roladex into OLXP. These contacts are for business only, not personal or HOME numbers. When I am entering a new contact, there is usually no need for the HOME number phone field. Therefore, I would like to change the initial view/list of phone fields...from BUSINESS, HOME, BUSINESS FAX, MOBILE to BUSINESS, BUSINESS 2, BUSINESS FAX, MOBILE.

Now I do know how to create a new custom form and field and to design and publish it. BUT the phone selctor and phone selected fields are more tricky - unless I'm missing something very simple - who knows.

Does anyone know how to change the initial phone listing that is displayed?? This would really improve the flow of input.

Thank you for reading my post....and hopefully helping me out :D

Ruthann

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

dunno wether this is the same of OutlookXP, but in Outlook 2003 you can change the layout of the forms by oping up a new contacts form then choose from the menu, Tools > Forms > Design This Form > change & remove what you need then save.

3. redruthann

redruthann Private E-2

DUH - I just tried it and it works....DUH big time....I can't believe I didn't try the easiest thing first, nonono I have to make things soooo much harder than they are - I think my brain went through a brain freeze or something.

Thank you Halo for helping me realize sometimes things really ARE simpler than we think.

Ruthann :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I do exactly the same thing sometimes as well, glad this simple method worked ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds