omega drivers ?'s

Discussion in 'Software' started by ktiz, Apr 4, 2005.

1. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

anyone know when the new omega drivers for nvidia will be coming out? How effective are the drivers they have now? Is it healthy for the computer and GPU in general?

2. tentpeg

tentpeg Private E-2

Dunno now mate. The bloke who runs it seems to play with ATI drivers now with nVidia as an afterthought so given up on them myself. Now I just look for leaked drivers from nVidia myself but keep an eye on the forums for which are the best. I know people don't recommend using drivers which aren't WHQL certified and official, but have found that this is far from a stamp of stability and bug free gaming which I would expect. StarStorm drivers are an alternative but I think they have stopped being released as well.

Just remember, browse the forums and decide which version of drivers you like the sound of.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ehh, leaked? Thats a bit different to just not being WHQL certified ... thats, well, almost stealing. IMO, anyway.

I have been known to recommend beta drivers to cure specific issues, have have been known to try beta drivers for added performance, but for the average user I wouldn't recommend them.

Anyway, omega drivers are really just pre-tweaked settings, and nothing you cannot achieve manually. In fact, its likley you will weild better results tweaking your rig yourself than with pre-tweaks.

There are a number of tweaked drivers out there, risks are generally outlined on each of the drivers website. Generally speaking, they don't reduce the health of your PC in any way, or they wouldn't write them ;)

4. ktiz

ktiz Corporal

what kind of tweaks are we talking about... That kinda of stuff I am not to familiar with. I have the nVidia drivers anyway 71.xx. Do u know any tweaks for that, or should I just look on the net?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds