omg where is my hardrive?????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dean1347, Oct 19, 2005.

1. dean1347

dean1347 Private E-2

kk i have f secure internet security. on saturday morning i tried to upgrade it to the new 2006 edition i downloaded the upgrade as well as buying the disc
    all was well until half way thro the installation of the new software my computer restarted then wouldn't boot windows. so i restarted it my self then it did that windows harddrive scan where it checks the files and drivers for syncronisation or somthing and said that most of them where unreadable and still wouldn't boot windows
    so i left it booting for about an hour and it finally did but i couldn't click ne thing with our it saying serious error bla bla bla send or don't send i tried to send but it said i ahd no internet connection but my router lights where on so i don't know what happened there.
    so i was getting really annoyed so i thought everything is corrupted what the hell ia hev my own windows disc i will try to reformat using that and i did deleted the partition and began the formatting. at about 70% it said that it couldn't continue due to possible hard ware damage or somthing i forget exactly what words. so i tried again and it was in the windows blue screen thing where you do the reformatting that no hard drive could be found. so rang f secure and they were like well we don't have a clue i ahd been talkng to them earlier but all of there suggestions didn't work. i ahve now tried the hd in my computer same thing happens. so we bought a new hd but i ahven't opened it because if i don't need it i can send it back unused.

so that is about it has ne thing like this ever happened to you where your harddrive has been so meggaly corrupted you reformatted and it died???
    and can i actually do ne thing to f secure for it happen cos it is all about of a coinsidence that the same time i install there software my hd breaks i know soft ware and hard ware don't kill eachother but i mean in teh corrupting added pressure on the drive or somthing. i have stated the cmplaints procedure with them.

so ne ideas????

o and ia hev got onto mesh computers about it because it is still under warrenty but nearly a year but i find them a very crap after sales service because if it is ne thign that has gone wrong is software related it is ring out £1 a minute service and we will put you on hold or you send it back they say that is it software problem so it is your fault so they charge you £50 for them getting amtrack to pick it up £50 for them to look at it £50 for them to fix and this is under warrenty and they ahve done it to me before were all tehy did was pull out a wire and put ti back in

kk thanks sorry its so much to read but o well i think i ahve said everything that will be rewuired to help me

specs
    amd anthlon 64 3200
    512 ram
    hard rive in question 200 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA lead free UDMA150 8MB Cache
    asus mobo
    dvd rom and dvd rw

2. Unexperiencedn00b

Unexperiencedn00b Private First Class

That hard drive should not be having the problems that it has been...its a 200 gig...which tells me it cant be more then a couple years old.....I would contact Maxtor and tell then whats going on, and see if you can get a new one with your warranty (Assuming you have one) If your drive really is that corrupted, and having that much problems....then ask yourself this....do you really want to use it again....As a Last resort, after contacting Maxtor, I would go ahead and use your new drive, then set up the 200gig as a slave and try to salvage anything you can off of it.

3. dean1347

dean1347 Private E-2

kk i ahve fixed it after 4 days of reformatting and other crap that i tried

i downloaded the installation and diagnostic program from maxtor and used this to delete the hard drive and partition it

this idn't work first time but the second time it did :) kk

so thanks for yo suggestion and ne one else that was thinking of somthing

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds