On laptop computer: Which is better, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Turion 64?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Komrad Emritzky, May 11, 2009.

1. Komrad Emritzky

Komrad Emritzky Private E-2

I'm planning to buy a laptop. Pls give me some advice as to which is better: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Turion 64? I do email, internet surfing, and online & LAN gaming. (strategy, rpg & mmorpg). And how do the new Phenom II 940 Quad Core (3.0Ghz) fare up? :confused

2. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

3. thebigd

thebigd Private E-2

From a performance standpoint .. AFAIK ... the Core2 Duo completely dominates the Turion line of CPU's.

And I'm not sure that the Phenom II cpu you speak of will be available in a laptop. It might be (i'm too lazy to google right now :) ) But I can say that the Phenom II lineup of CPU's are quite impressive and work/overclock very well especially the black editions. As per my sig line my latest build was a Phenom II BE and I was totally impressed with it... dollar for dollar its an unbelievable value. AMD can't win the war against Intel in pure clock per clock performance, but they can undercut them on price.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds