On Startup Registry Data Recovered

Discussion in 'Software' started by IZZOT, Jan 14, 2008.

1. IZZOT

IZZOT Private E-2

I dont think this is critical but everytime I start up my computer this message appears-"ONE OF THE FILES CONTAINING THE SYSTEMS REGISTRY DATA HAD TO BE RECOVERED BY USE OF A LOG OR ALTERNATE COPY. THE RECOVERY WAS SUCCESSFUL."
    The computer runs fine but this is very annoying.
    Can you help??

2. billm70

billm70 Private E-2

IZZOT, please try this. Click on "start", "My Computer", right click on your local disk drive, probably C:\ . Click "Properties" ,when the properties box come up, click on the "tools" tab, in the "error checking" column, click on "check now", when the "Check Disk" box opens, put a check mark in both boxes, then click "Start" and go have a lunch break, because it will take a while to check your disk. When it's done, it will reboot itself. Hope this works.

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Doubt CHKDSK will work for this.

Try a system restore back to a date where this message did not appear.

If that doesn't work, uninstall any software you recently added, and then clean the registry of issues using something like CCleaner

4. Rogusto

Rogusto Private E-2

Hey,

Did some investigating on Google and while I found this problem plastered all over other forums, no one seemed to offer any solutions. One possible culprit may be failing memory. Try running a memory tester program.

Some people found a way around this problem by creating another user name. They noticed that this error message would not appear when logged in as another user. Create a new User Name and see of the error message appears when logged in as the new user. Log in and out of that User Name a few times just to make sure that the error message really isn't appearing.

If the error message doesn't appear, you can then transfer all your files to this new User Name and use it as your default user name.

5. IZZOT

IZZOT Private E-2

I tried CHKDSK but did not work. I cant use system restore because of a Malware problem I had and corrected. Also i cant change the account name because I am hooked up to a network at work.
    Any other ideas?

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

In that case I would be less worried about an annoying message that pops up and very much concerned about fixing the problem that stops you using System Restore!

Can you disconnect from the network to create a new user name (not change the current one, note), or is this a work PC that you do not have permission to do so on?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds