onboard ethernet adapter missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ej25lvr, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ej25lvr

ej25lvr Private First Class

like the title says when i look in device manager it doesnt show up period.

it was working fine last night and went to get online today and couldnt and noticed the activity light on the cable modem was off.

i tried another cable and no good

i tried uninstalling and then reinstalling driver and no good

the modem will work fine on another pc i have and shows up in device manager on that one.

only way im able to use it with this new pc i built is to use the usb connection option thats like 12 mbs

looks to me like maybe the onboard ethernet died but i thought id get opinions just in case theres something i missed.

m/b is a gigabyte ga-p35-ds4

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Sounds you are right, dead port. I lost both of the ones on my computer during a storm a while back. :cry NIC's are cheap. Just to make sure, go into your BIOS and make sure the LAN/ethernet is not disabled. I had a computer a while back that would not 'see' it's onboard port, it was disabled in the BIOS, works great now.

E

3. ej25lvr

ej25lvr Private First Class

yea i checked the bios and it says its enabled so i guess its just a dead port.

oh and if anyone knows doesnt usb 2.0 have speeds of like 480 mbs?

mine is usb 2.0 yet it says my transfer rate is 12 mbs which is what i thought usb 1.0 was, hmm maybe only certain usb ports are 2.0, my m/b has 12 usb plugs but doesnt list as to if theres any difference in them.

4. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds